Last weekend we drove to Madison on Saturday. First we met up with Langdon, Anna and Eliza (see "Baby Babbling" under "Other Cool People" below on the right!) and went to the Sun Prairie strawberry festival. There was lots of grass for Simon to play in:

There was also a wonderful playground, where Eliza did lots of playing. Simon also got to have his first time in a swing! Not sure if Simon or his daddy had more fun:
Then we went back to Eliza's apartment, where we had some delicious lunch and both kids took naps while the grown-ups played some Settlers of Catan. When the kids got up we got a photo of the grown up LBTs and the little LBTs. (lLBTs?) (LBT = lanthanide binding tags, the project Langdon and I worked on in the Imperiali lab at MIT)

Then it was on to Jess's house for her birthday BBQ, where we saw the Thompsons and the Carlsons. Unfortunately, we failed to take any photos there. (Admittedly, half of the photos above were kindly provided by Langdon & Anna.) But we had lots of fun!
Then we headed home, with one very tired little boy in tow:
And we brought home some wonderful strawberries! (Whenever I have fresh summer strawberries, I wonder why on earth I ever buy them from the grocery store during the rest of the year...)
No comments:
Post a Comment