Monday, December 13, 2010

Communicating

Simon's communication skills are improving almost daily. He says lots of different words now, which are briefly summarized on the sidebar of the blog. (If you actually read the blog rather than the Facebook reposts!) Interestingly, for a while he had the same problem I had as a kid, in that I insisted on calling both parents by one name. Both of my parents were "Daddy" for quite a while. When my parents finally got me to call my mom "Mommy," I started calling dad "Mommy" too! Fortunately, Simon has now stopped calling both of us "Dada" and now seems to have mastered the difference between "Dada" and "Mama."

In this video he uses his words for tubby ("tyub-bee" at its best), ball ("baow"), hot ("ot-ah"), and of course, "uh-oh". He also shakes his head "no" at my repeated attempts to get him to go upstairs for his bath! (Though he gives in at the end and heads for the stairs.)

Communicating from Anne Reynolds on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. A man who know his own mind, almost! Tubby is just too much to resist. Love, GG

    ReplyDelete