10 lb. 13 oz. (25th percentile)
22 1/4 inches (25th percentile)
I said to the doctor upon hearing the percentiles, "Oh, so he is small." And the doctor said, "No, he's perfectly proportioned!" It's perhaps not surprising that Simon is a little on the smaller side, given everything he went through. (He was on IV nutrition only for ten days after birth.) But overall, the pediatrician was enormously pleased with his progress and said that Simon is doing everything a 2-month-old baby should do. Hooray!
Of course, the other part of a 2-month appointment is the first immunizations. I was nervous because I know that babies often are fussy afterward. The shots themselves went fine - of course he didn't like them, but he recovered quickly. But he was pretty unhappy for the rest of the day, sleeping on and off and absolutely needing to be held all the time. Thank goodness for infant Tylenol, and for Grandma Karen who spent nearly all afternoon and evening holding him! And today he seems to be feeling much better.
We already miss Grandma Karen, who left this morning after an absolutely wonderful week. Once again, she cooked, cleaned, folded laundry, made sure I was eating enough and drinking enough water, and spent lots and lots of fun time with Simon. Below - a photo on a walk by the Charles River on Sunday. Thanks for everything, Grandma!
No comments:
Post a Comment