Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sleepy time

Have I mentioned that while Simon sleeps pretty well for us at night, he is a terrible napper during the day? I always thought that babies slept for long stretches during the day, and thought I'd at least have ample time to do things like dishes and laundry while he napped. Plus perhaps get in a nap myself. But Simon is definitely still very much a "cat-napper." There will be times during the day when he'll fall asleep, but then as soon as you transfer him to his crib or Pack-n-Play, he wakes up within five minutes.

Two places he seems to sleep quite well though - Daddy's chest and Mommy's shoulder. From this morning:


I should note that Troy was NOT actually asleep there - he was just posing for the photo. :) Simon, however, was out cold.

And from this afternoon:


I love this picture. Simon falls asleep like this very often when I burp him after he eats. I think he'd stay asleep like that indefinitely, but no matter how sound asleep he is, he wakes up immediately upon being moved!


No comments:

Post a Comment