Troy and I celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary in pretty low-key fashion today. As is usual on the weekends, Troy got up with Simon early in the morning, fed him a bottle, and I got to sleep in until around 8:30. (I am so grateful to Troy for letting me sleep in on the weekends... it really does make things easier on me!) We had a Reynolds family favorite breakfast, known to my family as Egg Hot Dish. (Troy thinks that is just way too "Minnesotan," so he calls it "Cheesy Ham and Egg Bake.") Then we went to church - Troy dropped Simon and me off early before going to park the car, so I sat in the Gordon chapel for a while. I hadn't been there two minutes when the first of several people I'd never met came up to me, introduced themselves, and asked how Simon was doing. The compassion and generosity of the Old South community will never cease to amaze me.
Simon did well during the service - he started getting a little noisy during the sermon, so I took him out, but he immediately fell asleep upon leaving, so I was able to go back in for the end. He was such a good boy today, and we were even able to attend the leadership lunch after the service. He was awake for a good portion of it, but was content to just sit on my lap and look around!
This afternoon we mostly just got stuff done around the house - laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. As I said, a pretty low-key day. Then we got sushi take-out for dinner. So good!
We've been working hard to gradually move Simon's bedtime earlier, and I was thrilled tonight when we got him down at 8:15. Though right after I started writing this post, he woke up and started fussing. I was able to settle him back down relatively quickly, though. Does this still count as getting him to bed at 8:15? I'm not sure.
No post would be complete without photos. The first is actually a forgotten picture from the "A day in pictures" series... playing in his Baby Einstein gym:
The second is Simon having tummy time on a very special blanket. It was made by a very dear family friend, Bethany Schuler, for my sister when she was a baby. Mom saved it all this time and passed it on to us. We will always cherish this keepsake and remember Bethany each time we see it!
No comments:
Post a Comment