Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bath time

Simon's first bath, when he was still in the NICU, was quite the experience. Troy and I both participated, with nurse Debby closely supervising, and it went all right despite the fact that Simon hated absolutely every minute of it. It wasn't easy, but we felt like we'd be able to handle it when we were on our own.

Not so at first. Simon's first bath at home was traumatic for all involved. Again, it was a 2-person job, with Troy holding him while I tried to clean him. Once again, Simon absolutely hated it and screamed and flailed the whole time. And we were just not experienced enough to handle it well. We got through it with no major issues, but we were not happy with ourselves.

But what a difference a few weeks makes. Simon now only fusses a tiny bit when he first hits the water, and then is calm the whole time! And we've become comfortable enough with the process to tackle it on our own as well.



The first photo was when Troy gave him a bath yesterday, and the second is when I did earlier in the week. We still have to actually get in the tub to do it (the baby tub leaks from the bottom, so it's just easier that way), but it works quite well. He even sometimes appears to enjoy it! I'm somewhat relieved... there's a chance he'll be a swimmer after all!


1 comment:

  1. Go Simon! I remember the first baths with Weston. it is sort of scary ! ;)

    ReplyDelete